Saturday 11 April 2015

Farewell The Blackout

Bit late posting this but, along with forgetting my password, I've been having a sort of social media blackout to deal with family stuff and get my head around the fact my favourite band are no longer together. 2 weeks ago today The Blackout broke up and I still don't really know what to do with myself.

Since 2006 The Blackout have been a huge part of my life, they've helped me through tough times and, as cliche as it is, I don't know where I'd be, who I'd be - or if I'd even be here, without them. I stumbled across their myspace page early '06 and instantly fell in love. After begging my mum (she hated them at this point - no idea why) to take me to see them all year I finally saw them in '07 in Leeds Cockpit - what a wonderfully sweaty gig that was. After that I didn't see them again until 2011, a lot of stuff happened with my family and life in general and there wasn't ever an opportunity for me to see them again, plus I didn't have any friends to go and see them with, until they played Hit The Deck. Since then I've been to see them on every tour (I think) I don't know how many times I've actually seen them, it's only around 25-30.

They was always my escape from stuff happening in my life, for some reason everything always seemed to kick off just before a tour would start so I'd be able to go away for a few days and by the time I was back, everything had settled or improved to a standard I could deal with - I run away from problems all the time so it was always ideal for me to just bugger off to Cardiff or Bournemouth for a night.
Seeing them preach how they had a dream and became the band they was really drove me to do something with my life, I'm currently at uni trying to achieve my own dream because of them. They've always been nothing but nice to me when I've met them and spoke with them.
I've met so many wonderful people because of this band, they've made every date I've been to amazing and so much fun. I'll admit I had a little cry on the last date because I never know when I'll see them again which is a shame because I love spending time with them - even if they don't like spending time with me, ha!

The last tour was amazing. I did London, Manchester, Glasgow and Merthyr and cried at all but Glasgow. Normally through Start The Party... I know what you're thinking, how stupid! It's not even my favourite song! Stupidly, I didn't take any photos of my travels as I'd completely forgotten about this blog due to forgetting my password! If you want to see any of my videos I took  (all four of them woooo!) , they're over on my instagram page which you can find here!

This band meant, and still do, the world to me. They've helped me so much and I just have everything to thank them for. I wish them all the best in the future x

No comments:

Post a Comment